Monday, January 9, 2012

church and food



Happy 2012! I've been drawing and sketching like mad so far this year thanks to a sketch-a-day activity proposed by my Tuesday night sketch group. By the end of this month I shall have 31 sketches. The first sketches I did were so lame that they will never see the light of day. I only posted two sketches for the eight days of January that I felt ok about.  Appropriately these sketches are about two major elements in my life - church and food. The bell is circa 1902 and rests outside Sacred Heart Church in Oakland. I didn't quite capture it but I was close. The pears are in the kitchen at my house growing riper but the minute as I type this. Yes, I know I should be eating them instead of drawing them but my appetite for drawing is stronger than my appetite for eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment